Jon Garretson Van der Hoff comes to Deleware.
Joel C. Garretson moves to 80 acres in the Iowa territory.
O.A. Garretson starts building the Victorian style house on the farm.
Joel H. Garretson purchases additional 70 acres adjoining the family farm.
Joel H. Garretson moves to the farm
First elderberry plants are planted and the farmhouse restoration project begins.
Winery opens for business.
The community of East Grove had a post office, Quaker Meeting House, cemetery, and one room school house. East Grove Farms is named after this long forgotten pioneer community.
East Grove Farms utilizes a portion of the Garretson farm for it’s elderberry and fruit production. East Grove Farms has based their operation in the oldest house on the farm, a large country Victorian home built by Joel’s youngest son O.A. Garretson in 1899. The 114 year old house serves as our headquarters.